Apr 29, 2012

Steve Ambriz park opening!

               Yesterday I had the privilege of joining members of the Orange community as we officially opened the Steve Ambriz memorial park. I did not personally know Steve Ambriz but after hearing the amazing words of his family and friends I believe our community lost a great man far too soon. He was a dedicated family man and an honorable Councilman who loved Orange. I was proud to represent my beautiful city and participate in the introduction ceremonies for our new park dedicated to this wonderful man. I was asked to perform the National Anthem shortly after Kaitlyn Ambriz raised the park's American flag in honor of her father. I couldn't have been more proud! And the day could not have been more perfect with the warm weather! To honor Steve's memory everyone wore something Hawaiian inspired, aka a lot of Hawaiian t-shirts and lei's, and the 80+ degrees made it feel like we were in a tropical place.

            This park is beautiful and I encourage anyone who wants to enjoy a day with family and friends to drive down Glassell, turn Left on Riverbend and there you will find this beautiful green park with baseball fields and playgrounds. Thank you to the Ambriz family for inviting me and I can't wait to enjoy the lovely new addition to our Orange community!



Kaitlyn Ambriz! 


With Kaitlyn and one of her friends!                             Angie Ambriz! Such a wonderful lady!


No comments:

Post a Comment