Jun 21, 2012

Pixies in the Park!

         The craziness of getting ready for Miss California has kept me away from updating my blog consistently, my apologies! I will however be updating every evening while I am in Fresno!

          First and foremost, I would like to share my experience last weekend with the Pixies in the Park event here in Orange! I decided to wear the most pixie-like dress I had in my closet so I could join in the fun with all of the little girls. The coordinators of the event transformed the beautiful Pitcher Park into a magical pixie land with Renaissance inspired decorations. There were sparkly wings, tutus, and glitter everywhere! If I was a little girl I would have absolutely loved attending this event, and actually the little girl inside of me did enjoy it! I met the Fairy Queen who greeted every guest with fairy dust and a fairy name. In addition, I met the Queen Bee who informed me many new things about honey! Let me just say I have a new respect for bee keepers and honey farmers. I also fell in love with a honey blend called strawberry lemonade, delicious!!! I was also fortunate enough to sing a little song for the girls and decided upon "I Could Have Danced All Night" and encouraged the fairies to dance along, which they did! It was a wonderful event and I would love to go back again and enjoy being a little girl with fairy wings :)

      I am currently sitting on my bed finishing up my packing for Miss CA as I leave tomorrow morning! Despite my little foot set back I am looking forward to 10 days of heels and hairspray. So much excitement and I can't wait to be reunited with all of my friends and just have a blast up in Fresno! I feel extremely prepared for Miss California and also completely relaxed. Whatever happens happens and I am going up there with a positive perspective and to enjoy the company of my friends while I do something I love. Look out for the updates here and also on my Facebook and Twitter!!!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment