Jun 25, 2012

Miss CA - Day 2 and Day 3!!!!

DAY 2                

            Yesterday was a BIG day for interviews, however mine was today so I didn't really do too much during the day except watch the news. Stephanie and Katie had their interviews and they did great!!! So proud of them!!!! While they were getting ready I decided to attend the optional dance rehearsals. But let's be honest it shouldn't be optional for people like me who are not exactly gifted dancers. I am VERRRRY glad I did that!!! Hopefully now I don't look too silly trying to do a susie-q in high heels. My friend Bree Morse (Miss Garden Grove) led part of the rehearsal and may I just say that girl is talented at teaching dance! She made it so much easier to understand when certain moves followed each other and I am very grateful! After the rehearsals I was able to fit in a good workout with my friend Caitlin (Miss Santa Clara) to which I am still a little sore, but that's a good thing! Then we had to get ready for our first Rotary event at Pardini's Restaurant. We had a great time interacting and conversing with some of the rotarians and their families. I met a very lovely couple who were fascinated with my platform, the woman was a psychiatrist and the man was a retired lawyer. I also met this nice woman and two of her granddaughters, they were so cute! They even joined me later on the dance floor during our conga line dance. Nothing was cuter and funnier than seeing the Miss California contestants dancing with some of the older gentlemen in Rotary. We danced and danced until it was time for us to leave for our official dance rehearsal back in the theatre. I'm pretty sure every year the theatre gets colder and colder, because it was freeeeezing last night! The Miss contestants had some more work to do than the Teens, so we were constantly rehearsing on-stage. We stayed there pretty late which is why I wasn't able to post this blog until now because my interview was this morning :)

Team OC heading to the Rotary dinner!
               
Bree Morse and I at the Rotary dinner :)

Came back to my room and found this lovely surprise from my Fullerton family! Thanks Doug and Kathi!!!

DAY 3

            Flash forward to today, more specifically THIS MORNING! INTERVIEW!!!! AHHH!!!! It was really stressful waiting in my room until I was called to go into the waiting area. As I walked downstairs I met up really quick with my Executive Director Connie for some last minute consultations. She definitely helped me calm my nerves down and reminded me to just be myself. In the waiting room Bob Arnhym (Miss CA CEO) gave us a quick briefing before we entered the judging room. He told us what the judges were looking for and to tell them all about who we are as individuals and young women. They bring girls down in groups of 5 contestants, and considering I am number 6 that meant I was the first interview in my group of five. The judges were very nice and asked a lot of inquisitive questions that proved they had done their homework on me and were interested in my opinions on hot topics. To be honest I felt it was a challenging interview but at the same time was definitely something I handled well. I felt very relieved once it was over, interview is always a fun yet extremely anxious portion of competition week. Immediately after my interview I had to race over to the theatre to join the other contestants who had already been practicing more choreography. I think I am getting better at the opening number sequences but I'll admit I am not thrilled about being in the front row at times. If all else fails I will just smile and enjoy the music! In the middle of rehearsals we had to leave and attend one more Rotary event. We quickly changed into something nice and loaded onto the bus that drove us over to our lunch destination. Fortunately we were able to reunite with some of the Rotarians we had met the night before, but we also met many new friends! I sat at a table with my friend Leah Cecil (Miss Southern California Regional) and we chatted for a long time with the gentlemen sitting with us. They were very impressed to be eating lunch with two blondes from Orange County who also were educated in music. I'm pretty sure we surprised them with our knowledge and even taught them a thing or two ;) After our wonderful lunch it was straight back to the theatre for more rehearsal! We took a few breaks here and there for dinner and what not but it was mainly running portions of the show so we look awesome tomorrow night! Speaking of which, I am competing in On-Stage Question tomorrow!!!! Very exciting!!!!

Right before my interview!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment