Apr 5, 2012

Seattle, Washington

          Incase some of you don't follow my tweets or my Facebook, I was recently in Seattle, Washington! There wasn't much rain for my first time to the rainy city which meant beautiful clear skies and clean air! My dad and I toured around and visited Pike's Place Market, the original Starbucks, and ate at the top of the Space Needle. Next time I want to visit the Fremont Troll and a few other cool things Seattle has to offer, such a beautiful city! However, the main reason I went up there was to visit my cousin Abi. You can read more about her on my Children's Miracle Network tab above! She is doing really well and I am grateful for the time I was able to spend with her; she is truly an amazing and inspirational person that always has a smile on her face. We hung out almost the entire time I was there which included painting our nails and of course just telling stories.

        In addition, I was able to surprise her with a special guest. A few days prior to my visit I contacted Miss Washington, Brittney Henry, and asked if she would be willing to meet Abi. Being the amazing woman she is of course she said yes! Abi and her mother are staying at the Ronald McDonald house across from the Seattle Chidlren's Hospital, so I was glad Brittney could make the drive up there for a visit. Abi had no idea I was bringing this guest for her and I'm sure she was definitely surprised. Brittney stayed for a long time chatting with us and even joined us for lunch at a local favorite. She is definitely a beautiful woman inside and out, and I was glad to get to know her better.

       At the end of the trip I was grateful for three things: spending quality time with my dad, visiting and hanging out with Abi, and witnessing the influence of both Abi and Brittney on each other. They are both inspiring people and I felt honored and blessed to know such admirable women.

My Aunt Diane checking out the Miss Washington crown. 


She's a natural winner, haha!

The new Miss Washington... maybe one day! 
Enjoying some lunch at Ivar's Salmon House! 

Family is all that matters <3

       

No comments:

Post a Comment