Mar 23, 2012

Delta Queen 2012!!!!

           Last night Delta Tau Delta, one of my favorite fraternities at Chapman University, had their annual philanthropy event called Delta Queen!!! It's a fun Greek inspired pageant that has a young woman representing every house on campus and her goal is to raise as much money as possible for the Delt's philanthropy. It just so happens their philanthropy is the Beckstrand Cancer Foundation!! Maybe some of you remember I attended their annual Teddy Bear Ball and performed Christmas carols with the children. SO much fun! I absolutely love Beckstrand and everything they accomplish for cancer patients. They truly are a wonderful organization. That being said, it is so wonderful that the Delts are able to perform this pageant and have all the proceeds go towards supporting Beckstrand!

            I was also lucky enough to have 4 of my sorority sisters participating in Delta Queen last night along with some other friends of mine. Since the girls were nominated to do this, most of them did not have any previous pageant experience, and that's where I came in! I did my best to help not only my own sisters but also the other contestants in gowns, hair, jewelry, and makeup. I explained it to them this way, "If you were participating in a charity basketball game you would want to understand the basic rules before you play. Similarly, since you are competing in a fun philanthropic pageant it would make sense to understand the basics of how it works and how to perform."

           Let's just say those women nailed it! I couldn't have been more proud of each and every one of them! They could definitely compete in the Miss America Organization and would probably give some of us a run for our crowns. Although I wouldn't want to compete against them, they should definitely look into it because of the great scholarship opportunities! 

         My other two sister queens were also in attendance for this fun event and we were able to hang out with Miss City of Orange 2011, Katie Barnum, as she passed on her crown of Delta Queen 2011. And of course the night wouldn't have been complete without our very own Miss City of Orange 2009 and current Miss California Noelle Freeman! She graciously was able to co-emcee the event with the former Delta Tau Delta President David Finch. They both did a fantastic job, and so did my Executive Director Connie Benson! She went up on-stage and asked the contestants their on-stage question! But before that happened Connie and Katie Barnum had a fun little moment where Katie crowned Connie as Delta Queen. Yes, I have that on camera.

      Congrats to the new Delta Queen 
Morgan Helmstetter of Gamma Phi Beta!!! 

 With my beautiful Alpha Phi sisters who were competing in Delta Queen! 
Jacquelyn Kenny, Sarah King, Amy Sayers, and Madison Lanesey! 


The beautiful Miss California!!                          Co-Emcee David Finch 






Some wonderful entertainment by Marty!                     Katie Wayland, Miss OC



One of my favorite Delts, James Leslie!               With my sister queens at the event! 
 Connie finally gets a crown of her own! Presented by Katie Barnum, Delta Queen 2011
One of the judges - Eva La Rue, from CSI: Miami, and my little Ashley Loh






No comments:

Post a Comment