Jul 4, 2012

3rd and 4th of July Celebrations!

               I wasted no time returning from Miss California in getting back to my Miss City of Orange duties! I was honored to be invited as the National Anthem performer for the city's annual 3rd of July celebration and I had an absolute blast! (No firework pun intended) When I arrived there were already hundreds of people in attendance enjoying all of the food and activities. There were several people I recognized including young girls who attended my Queen for a Day event! It was so great to see them and hear how much they loved the event and were excited for next year's. I also was congratulated by Orange's council members on my recent success in placing in the Top Ten at Miss California. I am so glad I could represent this wonderful city and make them proud! The singing of the National Anthem was the beginning of the 3rd of July ceremony, so I was on stage right at the beginning! Immediately after performing the National Anthem I was presented with an official Proclamation from the Mayor and Council members for all the hard work I have done for the city of Orange. This was such a surprise and a complete honor! I absolutely love this city and I am so proud to be Miss City of Orange! The evening was followed by a performance honoring our "Unsung Heroes" and a fabulous firework procession.  Let me just say the city of Orange knows how to put on a show!

            This morning I was asked to participate in the 4th of July parade in Orange Park Acres. I rode on one of the remodeled trolley's with some of the Council members and their families. Together we greeted and tossed candy to some of the citizens of Orange who woke up as early as we did for the parade! The trolley played music along the parade which kept the party going on and off the trolley. It was a lot of fun and a great way to get to know my Council members in a more informal atmosphere. The parade also gave me the opportunity to see new parts of Orange! I couldn't believe some of the gorgeous homes I saw that are hidden jewels inside of this city! Orange is a large and beautiful city, but the people who live inside of it are the best part!














No comments:

Post a Comment