Feb 28, 2012

Fun Filled Day!!!


Above is the Facebook timeline cover I made to promote two out of three of the events I attended today!!! - Inspired by my good friend Leah Cecil, Miss SoCal Regional 2012! 

            Today started off right with some cool music and a relaxing atmosphere at the opening of Orange's brand new Wahoo's Fish Tacos! I had the opportunity to hang out with one of the company's co-founders Wing Lam, he is a really fun and interesting person. I had no idea he is also a Professor at Chapman's MBA program! How cool is that? We also had the pleasure of greeting the first customer and helped him order his entree, followed by a huge group picture of all the employees. I also had the privilege of enjoying my own fish taco, a good way to start of the day - fish taco's for breakfast. 

           Immediately following my appearance at Wahoo's, I headed over to my local IHOP to help celebrate National Pancake Day!!! Last year I was able to spend it with Miss America Theresa Scanlan, and although the current Miss America Laura Kaeppler was in L.A at an IHOP, I was unable to attend because of classes later in the day. However, I had a GREAT time greeting customers and flipping pancakes at IHOP on Tustin St. here in beautiful Orange! They had a huge turnout and I was able to receive many donations for Children's Miracle Network. Even my room mate stopped by for some yummy free pancakes!  

          But wait, the day isn't over yet! After my long day of classes, I had quick change and ran off to Dave & Buster's at the Block in Orange for the Relay for Life Kickoff event! I was greeted by my two sister queens Katie and Stephanie who were already hard at work selling raffle tickets to guests. I quickly joined them and we sold a fair amount of tickets for some awesome raffle prizes! It was really nice to be a part of this event because I feel very passionate about the American Cancer Society and all of their efforts. This event just made me more amp'd for the big Relay for Life event! This year is the 10th annual Relay in Orange and it will be on May 5-6 at the Orange High School! 










No comments:

Post a Comment